Microsoft is now accepting entries from student developers in Europe, the Middle East or Africa (EMEA) region for its 2019 Imagine Cup Global Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the Microsoft Imagine Cup Global Competition is 15th January, 2019.
One idea starts the journey. Your innovation could change the future of technology and be at the forefront of life-changing solutions. Register today for the Imagine Cup, Microsoft’s global competition for student developers, and you could win USD100,000.
You’re encouraged to submit an original application/solution that you and your team of up to three (3) have built (either on your own time, through your coursework, as a participant in a student hackathon, etc.). For your submission to qualify for the 2019 Imagine Cup, your application must utilize Microsoft Azure.
Microsoft Imagine Cup Global Competition Eligibility.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 16 years of age as of 2 October 2018 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 25 July 2018 and 31 May 2019; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea; and
- U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You/your business has not received external funding more than $50,000 USD; and
- You/your business has not used paid employees assistance in creating an Imagine Cup entry at any time between 25 July 2017 and 31 May 2019; and
- You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, at any time between 2 October 2018 and 31 May 2019; and
- You have a valid passport for international travel through July 2019 if you are selected to advance in the competition; and
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition; and • You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Competition between 25 July 2018 and 31 May 2019.
- EMEA: Europe (Western, Central and Eastern), Middle East, and Africa
Microsoft Imagine Cup Global Competition Prizes.
Regional Finals Prizes:
The teams that advance to the Regional Final will win a trip to the EMEA Regional Final event in Amsterdam, Netherlands and compete for the following:
- First place: USD15,000 and a spot in the World Championship
- Second place: USD5,000
- Third place: USD1,000
World Championship Prizing:
1st place teams from the Regional Finals will advance to the World Championship (date and location to be announced) and compete for the grand prize of USD100,000 + Azure Grant.
How to Enter Microsoft Imagine Cup Global Competition.
- Create your team (1 to 3 people)
- Develop an innovative technical project that utilizes Microsoft Azure (See examples from last year’s Imagine Cup)
- Finalize and submit your team entry before 02:59:59 GMT+0 on Wednesday, 16 January, 2019 for your chance to participate in the worldwide finals
Deadline: 15th January, 2019.
Share This Post On: