Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is now accepting applications from qualified candidates for its 2020 Entrepreneurial Training Program. Apply to join the next cohort of aspiring Pan-African tech entrepreneurs for a 1-year training program, access to global mentors, and the chance to receive seed funding. The deadline for submission of applications for the MEST Africa’s Entrepreneurial Training Program is 7th February, 2020.
The MEST Training Program is a 12-month, full time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by sector speaks and a series of guest lectures, bringing in the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs. The course culminates in an investor pitch and the chance to receive seed funding and enter the MEST incubator.
MEST Entrepreneurial Training Program Eligibility.
- Open to aspiring entrepreneurs from across the African continent;
- Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August;
- All participants must provide personal information that is true and accurate.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
MEST Entrepreneurial Training Program Benefits.
- Global Staff: Senior faculty bring years of entrepreneurial and industry experience, while global Training Program fellows offer specific expertise.
- Hands-on Projects: EITs gain experience building, validating and pitching business ideas in a fail-safe environment. They do this 4 times throughout the year in what we call Capstones.
- Guest Lectures: Training is supplemented by guest lectures from experienced entrepreneurs and internationally-recognized executives.
- Full Support: MEST is a fully sponsored program. All EITs receive a full scholarship to attend the 1-year training, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
MEST Entrepreneurial Training Program Selection Criteria.
Successful applications have the following:
- Passion: A deep passion for starting a software company
- Experience: Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Education: A degree from a top university or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
How to Apply for MEST Entrepreneurial Training Program.
Do you have what it takes to launch your own globally successful software company? Go ahead to start your application!