Meadow Hall Foundation (MHF) is now accepting nominations for its 2020 Inspirational Educator Awards (INSEA) to reward school teachers and head teachers. It carries a reward of Four Million Naira (N4,000,000). The deadline for submission of nominations is 14th March, 2020.
Meadow Hall Foundation (MHF) has announced the date of its 4th edition of the Inspirational Educator Awards (INSEA) and the annual Education Convention which will take place on Saturday, 25th of April 2020. Driven by its desire to reform the education sector, INSEA and Education Convention are two initiatives amongst many others which MHF uses to achieve its objectives. Believing children are the leaders of tomorrow, Meadow Hall Foundation ensures the quality of education in public and low-cost private schools are improved. MHF partners with individuals, public and private organisations to implement its sustainable programmes that support teachers, students, schools and communities.
Since inception, Meadow Hall Foundation has strived to equip teachers especially those from public and low-cost private schools with necessary tools to combat society’s ever evolving structure. In line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4, Meadow Hall Foundation believes the road map to achieving quality education is by improving the quality of teachers continuously, changing mindsets about teaching and advocating for the teaching profession.
The Inspirational Educator Awards (INSEA) is an annual merit award aimed at honouring Teachers and School Leaders dedicated to imparting lifelong learning in their students, schools and communities. This prestigious award recognises, rewards and promotes excellence in teaching and advocacy for the profession.
The Inspirational Educators Awards Categories.
The Inspirational Educators Awards (INSEA) is aimed at elevating the teaching profession and motivating school teachers and head teachers to continue to strive for excellence in their profession. The awardees emerge from a merit-based competition and are rewarded handsomely for their commitment and passion.
Winners of these prestigious awards are selected based on pre-defined criteria. The awards include the following categories:
THE INSPIRATIONAL TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD: This is an annual award aimed at honouring teachers dedicated to imparting life-long learning in their students. This prestigious award recognizes, rewards, and promotes excellence in teaching and advocacy for the profession. A cash award of ₦1,000,000.00 will be given to a resourceful, caring and innovative teacher who has made an inspirational impact on his or her students and community.
THE INSPIRATIONAL SCHOOL LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD: The influence of a leader on the overall performance of a school can either make or mar it. Improving school leadership ranks high on the list of priorities for school reform. This prestigious award recognises the importance school leaders have on our educational system. A cash award of ₦2,000,000.00 will be given to a hard working and sacrificial school leader.
Inspirational Educators Awards Eligibility.
To be eligible, an Applicant must:
- Have minimum number of 3 years teaching experience;
- Teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of 5 and 18 in a school setting;
- Not be prohibited from participating in the Contest or receiving the Award under applicable law;
- Not have conducted themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to bring the teaching profession or MHF, its affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (“MHF Parties”) into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of MHF);
- Not be a previous Award winner; and
- Not be an employee or consultant of Meadow Hall Group or its affiliates, or an immediate family member of such employee or consultant.
- A minimum of 5years leading in a school or
- In education for 5years and 2years leadership experience.
INSpirational Educator Awards Selection Criteria.
The judges will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Innovative and effective instructional practices and student learning outcomes in the classroom and school;
- Accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide role models for the teaching profession – whether through charitable or community work, or through sporting, academic or cultural achievement;
- Contributions to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, taking part in media and social media campaigns, events or conferences;
- Sharing inspirational education practices with other teachers;
- Preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities;
- Improving access to a quality education for children of all backgrounds;
- Third party recognition of a teacher’s achievements in the classroom and beyond. This can include pupils, colleagues, head‐teacher as well as members of the wider community –including Government, faith based organizations and Cooperate organizations (supporting written and/or video testimonials should be provided); and
- Evidence of innovation;
- Evidence of accomplished students (track record).
How to Nominate for The Inspirational Educators Awards.
To Nominate or Apply
- To nominate an Inspirational Teacher or School Leader for these awards, visit www.inseawards.org
- To apply for the School Leader category, visit: https://www.inseawards.org/head-teacher-registration/
- To apply for the Teacher category, visit: https://www.inseawards.org/teacher-registration/
- To also register for the Education Convention, please visit http://bit.do/MHF-CONVENTION4
Nominations close on Saturday, 14th March, 2020.
Nomination / participation is FREE.
For more information, kindly call 07058012288 or 08095585623
Apply Before: 14th March, 2020.
Share This Post On: