Applications are invited from candidates from economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa forThe MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at Makerere University for 2019/2020 academic year. The deadline for submission of applications is Application Deadline: 5.00pm on Friday 10th May 2019.
Since 2014, Makerere University in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has provided scholarships at the undergraduate level to academically talented, yet financially disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Recipients of this scholarship are provided with comprehensive financial, academic as well as social and leadership development support for the entire period of their study at the University. Makerere University is now pleased to announce 455 undergraduate scholarship opportunities (388 young women and 67 young men) for national (89%) and international (11%) students joining the University for academic year 2019/2020.
Applicants Eligible for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University.
- Must be admitted to study at Makerere University main campus for the academic year 2019/2020. This means that in order to fit within the Makerere University admission guidelines, all Scholarship applicants should endeavor to apply for admission when Makerere University advertises for private sponsorship.
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- Should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 11 points for girls and 15 Points for boys obtained in U.A.C.E or its equivalent in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to social betterment.
- Must have a record of community service.
- Should not be a holder of any other Scholarship.
- Should not have completed any Diploma or Undergraduate studies.
- Should not be a registered student of any university or tertiary institution.
How to Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University.
Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or Download the application forms from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere website on http://mcfsp.mak.ac.ug or visit Makerere University website at http://mak.ac.ug
Submit completed application forms to the address in (1) above by 5.00pm on Friday 10th May 2019. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: THE APPLICATION FORMS ARE NOT FOR SALE AND NO PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE BY THE APPLICANT AT ANY STAGE OF THE SELECTION PROCESS, EXCEPT THE APPLICATION FEE WHICH IS CHARGED BY MAKERERE UNIVERSITY.
Those applicants who will not have heard from us by 24th August, 2019 should consider their application unsuccessful.