Multiple Sclerosis International Federation (MSIF) is now accepting applications from qualified citizens of low- or middle-income countries for its 2020 McDonald Fellowship Programme. The deadline for submission of applications for the MSIF McDonald Fellowship Programme is 30th June, 2020.
The McDonald Fellowship enables young researchers from low- and middle-income countries to work in a research institution outside of their own country.
Following the award, they expect applicants will be able to use the newly developed expertise and networks, continuing to undertake MS research and/or patient care in low- and middle-income countries.
One fellowship is awarded in partnership with ECTRIMS and is known as the MSIF-ECTRIMS McDonald Fellowship. Another fellowship is awarded in partnership with MSIF’s member, ARSEP, The Fondation pour l’Aide à la Recherche sur la Sclérose En Plaques. This is known as the MSIF-ARSEP McDonald Fellowship.
MSIF McDonald Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
All candidates must:
- Be educated to post graduate level (at least MSc, preferably PhD/MD) in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis
- Be citizens of a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank)
- Focus their research in an area relevant to MS
Candidates must also be in one of the following situations:
- Working or studying in a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank) at the time of nomination
- Working or studying in another country on a project which started within the six months prior to nomination
- Studying in another country on a project supported by an MS International Federation grant.
MSIF McDonald Fellowship Programme Benefits.
The fellowship consists of a two-year grant, around £30,000 GBP per year, to cover travel and living costs, and an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year to the host institution. They expect that part of the second-year grant to the host institution will be used to cover the candidate’s expenses to attend the annual congress of ECTRIMS, the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS.
How to Apply for MSIF McDonald Fellowship Programme.
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- The Host needs to provide a supporting statement at the end of the application
- Add names and contact details of 3 referees, including the applicant’s current supervisor or employer
The application deadline, including the online form, reference letters, and supporting statement from the host, is 30 June 2020.
Share This Post On: