Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh. The deadline for submission of applications is 30th November, 2018.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide 80 undergraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
30 scholarships are available for the 2019/2020 academic year which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholars Program Eligibility.
- For undergraduate entry, applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in any course except Medicine and Vet Medicine
- You need to have achieved your school leaving qualifications in the last three years prior to entry date, for 2019 entry that is from 2016 onwards
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should not have completed an undergraduate degree previously
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholars Program Benefits.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance;
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholars Program.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Applications for 2019 entry to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh are now open, and will remain open until 12pm GMT on Friday 30 November 2018.