Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill University in Canada for the 2020/2021 academic year. The deadline for submission of applications is 31st January, 2020.
McGill University and the Mastercard Foundation are pleased to offer full scholarships to economically challenged, academically gifted Master’s students from Sub-Saharan Africa through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility.
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List);
- Have never registered for/completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member from the department you wish to apply to;
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application
How to Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
Before applying, carefully read the step-by-step process for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.