Applications are invited from academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana, for 2020/2021 academic year. The deadline for submission of applications is May 1, 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education.
The goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Eligibility.
- Open to all applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Benefits.
The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST.
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
International applicants are required to submit these additional documents when submitting scholarship application form to the Secretariat:
- The print out of KNUST’s online admission
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
PLEASE NOTE WELL:
- There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE constituted by the Vice Chancellor are FINAL.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Applicants are advised to desist from calling the Secretariat to inquire of the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
- Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Deadline for the Submission of Applications: Friday, 1st May, 2020 at 17:00GMT.