Women for Africa Foundation is now accepting applications from African Women (undergraduate and graduate students) for its 2018/2019 scholarship program fully funded to study in in Spanish universities. Deadline for submission of application for the Women for Africa Foundation scholarship is May 6, 2018.
The Learn Africa Scholarship Program is promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in our country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The Women for Africa Foundation is a private entity founded in 2012 by former vice president of the Government of Spain, María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, with the aim of contributing to the development of Africa through its women. Since then, the Foundation has launched a dozen projects in the areas of education, economic development, health, knowledge and women empowerment.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Eligibility.
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Duration.
- The scholarships included in this call have a variable duration depending on the modality agreed with each of the host universities and the training program offered, comprising periods ranging from six months, in the case of some research staying to four years for those aiming to Master and Doctorate.
- All the scholarships of this call will take place during the academic year 2018-2019.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Benefits.
The scholarships are funded by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation, maintenance and medical insurance.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Commitment.
- Once the scholarship has been completed, they are committed to returning to their place of residence and to providing a report on their personal and academic experience – on the basis provided by the Women for Africa Foundation – so that an evaluation of the outcomes can be carried out and, if necessary, make changes in the scholarship program as appropriate.
- Likewise, The Foundation and the Spanish universities of destination may make full or partial use, on their website or in some of their publications, regarding the content of the report prepared by the scholarship holders after their stay in Spain. In this case, the Women for Africa Foundation may mention the author (s) of said content.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Selection Process and Result.
- The selection process will be coordinated by the Women for Africa Foundation and will take place between May 7 and June 21, according to the following criteria: academic record, curriculum (previous training, languages, stays in other countries, mobility, Professional experience), motivation letter and, for doctoral fellowships, a research project.
- The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities, the results of the selection process will be available at the end of June on the Foundation’s website and will be personally communicated to each of the selected applicants.
How to Apply for Learn Africa Scholarship Program.
Note the following before application:
- For scholarships where Spanish is the main language, a high command of the language is required. This high level of Spanish is to be proven by submitting an internationally recognised certificate or through a phone conversation.
- The student must be aware that she is expected to submit a copy of her university degree duly attested by her country’s ministry.
- The student must remember that certain administrative procedures require payment at her country of origin (visa, certificate/records ratification and translation, etc.)
- The scholarship includes one return ticket to-from the student’s country of origin, university fees, health insurance, accommodation and food.
- Cost coverage for other extra expenses, such as the cost of opening a bank account, transport in the city and pocket money, is not guaranteed.
Closing Date: May 6, 2018.
For further information, please contact the Foundation at: email@example.com.