Women for Africa Foundation is now accepting applications from African Women (undergraduate and graduate students) for its 2020/2021 scholarship program. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Learn Africa Scholarship Program is 15th July, 2020.
The Learn Africa Scholarship Program is promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in our country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The Women for Africa Foundation is a private entity founded in 2012 by former vice president of the Government of Spain, María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, with the aim of contributing to the development of Africa through its women. Since then, the Foundation has launched a dozen projects in the areas of education, economic development, health, knowledge and women empowerment.
Since 2013 and up to now, 153 African female students from 34 countries have been beneficiaries of this program and have studied different subjects and levels at 40 Spanish universities, 1 Portuguese and 2 educational centers in Morocco.
Learn Africa presents this year a different call than usual. Given the global travel restrictions established by the covid-19 pandemic, all the studies offered for the 2020-2021, except those of Planeta Formation and University, are online and have been specially designed by Spanish universities to avoid the impact of the coronavirus in your training and in your future
Therefore, and in view of the impossibility that students can travel and study in person in Spain, the scholarships for this call cover only tuition and academic fees.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Eligibility.
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
How to Apply for Learn Africa Scholarship Program.
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity document
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter
- Reference or recommendation letter/s
- Official language level accreditation if required
- Research project
Share This Post On: