International students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are invited to apply for the 2019 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) . See more details below.
Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) provides international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Total Candidates to be Selected: 170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Korea Language Training: Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
Available Options in Universities:
- Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
- Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Korean Government Scholarship Eligibility.
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Korean Government Scholarship Benefits.
click on the image for better view
How to Apply for Korean Government Scholarship Program.
Procedure for the Scholarship Award:
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.