Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation (KAS) is now accepting applications from researchers Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries for its 2018/2019 Energy Security Fellowship. The Fellowship includes a stipend of up to £30,319, which will pay a monthly stipend of £2,032 for the fellow, university fees and a conference and travel allowance. The deadline for submission of application is 15th July, 2018.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation funds a 12-month research stay for a Non-European Union (EU) resident research fellow at the European Centre for Energy and Resource Security
(EUCERS) at King’s College London. The Fellowship includes a stipend of up to £30,319, which will pay a monthly stipend of £2,032 for the fellow, university fees and a conference and travel allowance. The fellow should be national of any of the MENA countries or Turkey and currently enrolled as a PhD student preferably at an institution in North Africa or the Middle East.
The topic of this year’s Fellowship is “Global climate policy between mastering energy transition and ensuring economic growth”.
The application deadline is on July 15, 2018. After reviewing applications, candidates may be invited for an interview either in person or by telephone. The decision of the committee will be communicated to the successful applicant in writing latest by July 31, 2018. The Fellowship starts on September 24, 2018.
The fellow will be required to write a 35-50 page research paper, for which KAS and EUCERS retain the (publishing) rights as well as a shorter paper that includes policy recommendations. The opportunity to present the results of the research in conferences hosted by KAS or EUCERS may develop within this framework. Cooperation beyond this between the fellow, KAS and EUCERS is subject to mutual agreement but is expected and encouraged. The fellow will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a workshop series on the topic and collect data from these sessions for their research study.
How to Apply for KAS Energy Security Fellowship.
To apply, please send your application with the subject line “Application KAS Energy Security Fellowship 2018/19” to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A cover letter
- A description of the research project together with a time schedule, up to a maximum of 10 pages in total
- A motivation letter explaining why a research stay in London is suitable for the candidate’s research project as well as key areas of the planned research
- A curriculum vitae with detailed explanations regarding personal and academic background, dated and signed
- A copy of transcript of record (a certified copy will have to be brought to the interview)
- Two references, at least one reference from a Professor
- If your first language is not English or you don’t hold a Master’s degree from an English teaching university please provide proof of very good knowledge of English (e.g. TOEFL of at least 100 overall, IELTS of at least 7.0 overall).
Please note: We can only take applicants into account who proof the required English level at the time of application.