InterAction is now accepting entries from anyone around the world (except current InterAction employee) for its 18th Annual Photo Contest. The deadline for submission of entries for the InterAction Photo Contest is 22 April, 2019.
Each year, InterActions hosts a photo contest to highlight photographers who showcase incredible humanitarian and development work around the globe.
They invite you to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in international relief and development. Examples of self-reliance, innovative technology, shared values, partnerships, and delivery of humanitarian assistance are encouraged, though entries are not limited to those categories. All images should be of work done outside of the United States.
InterAction Photo Contest Eligibility.
- Entry is open to all except current InterAction employees.
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person.
- Entries should be 300 dpi, or larger, at a size no smaller than 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
- All entrants must hold the copyright to the photographs they submit and, by entering, are claiming such ownership.
InterAction Photo Contest Prizes.
- One Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 USD. They will showcase the winning photo at InterAction’s 2020 Forum, April 22-23 in Washington, D.C.
- Three runners-up will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
- Six Honorable mentions will have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
InterAction Photo Contest Judging Criteria.
A panel of photographers, photojournalists, and subject area experts will choose the winning photographs. They will be looking for qualities including:
- Photo composition, technique, and clarity.
- Relevance to contest rules (documentarian humanitarian/development work outside of the U.S.).
- Adherence to copyright and permission rules.
How to Submit Entries for InterAction Photo Contest.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their entries by clicking on the “Submit” button below:
All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
Share This Post On: