InterAction is now accepting entires from anyone around the world (except current InterAction employee) for its 17th Annual Photo Contest. The deadline for submission of entries for the InterAction Photo Contest is 22 April, 2019.
Each year, InterAction’s photography contest focuses on incredible humanitarian and development work.
They encourage you to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in international relief and development. Examples of self-reliance, innovative technology, shared values, partnerships, and delivery of humanitarian assistance re encouraged, though entries are not limited to those categories. All images should be of work done outside of the United States.
InterAction Photo Contest Eligibility.
- Entry is open to all except current InterAction employees;
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person;
- Entries should be 300 dpi or larger at a size no smaller than 1920 x 1080 pixels;
- All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title
- All entrants must hold copyright to the photographs they submit and by entering are claiming such ownership. If it is determined an entrant has fraudulently claimed ownership of their submission, the entry will immediately become void and ineligible;
- All images should be of work done outside of the United States;
- Selected photos will be posted online and made available for download. Photos failing to meet the judging requirements will not be posted publicly. InterAction reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Contest or modify these rules at its discretion;
- For any persons appearing in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, the express permission, written, verbal, or otherwise, necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence, the express permission, written, verbal, or otherwise, of a parent or legal guardian is required;
- By entering a submission, entrants agree to make their photo available to the public under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC) license. Copyright holders shall retain all rights to the original photo.
InterAction Photo Contest Prizes.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 USD. The winning photo will also be showcased at InterAction’s 2019 Forum, June 11-13;
- Three Runners Up will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org;
- Six Honorable Mentions will have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org.
How to Submit Entries for InterAction Photo Contest.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their entries by clicking on the “Submit” button below:
Contest ends April 22, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.