iHub is now accepting applications from female entrepreneurs in Nigeria and Kenya for its 2020 Women In Business Programme. The deadline for the submission of applications for the iHub Women In Business Programme is August 15, 2020.
The Women in Business programme was launched to grow the number of socially and economically empowered women who run sustainable businesses working in the technology sector in Kenya.
With the rise of technology innovation in Africa, multiple sectors such as energy, agriculture, finance, and healthcare are undergoing rapid changes. Africa’s population currently consists of 50% men and 50% women. There is a growing conversation on the disparity in the number of men and women in technology and a growth in interventions to combat the ‘leaky pipeline’ phenomenon that sees women deviating from careers in STEM due to structural barriers such as poor support networks for childcare amongst others.
The conversation on getting more women in Technology is crucial, but just as crucial, if not more so, is the need for female entrepreneurs to be supported in leveraging technology in their businesses- regardless of the sector.
iHub Women In Business Programme Objectives.
Against this background, CcHub and iHub created a programme that not only focuses on women-led technology businesses, but women-led businesses as a whole, and how these can better leverage technology to scale their solutions in the African market. This program will focus on businesses in Nigeria and Kenya with the aim to:
- Enhance the ways in which women-led businesses leverage technology to better serve their market
- Build the capacity of women-led businesses to secure capital
- Catalyse the expansion efforts of women-led businesses in the African market
- Build the capacity of women-led businesses to attract, develop and retain quality talent to their teams
- Access to market
iHub Women In Business Programme Eligibility.
- Open to women-led business interested in leveraging technology to scale their businesses;
- Registered, with operations in Kenya or Nigeria;
- Strong (well-rounded) founding team, working full-time on the business;
- Businesses with proven traction in the market (e.g. customers, revenue);
- Scalable businesses that meet a real need.
iHub Women In Business Programme Benefits.
- A strategically differentiated business that speaks to the heart of customer needs.
- An ability to speak investor language and leverage sound financial understanding of your business to secure capital and partnerships.
- Support to expand your business across multiple geographical markets.
- Knowledge on how to attract, develop and retain a strong team.
- Access to a robust network of investors, corporate executives and software developers to help scale your business.
How to Apply for iHub Women In Business Programme.
If you have any questions during the process, send an email to [email protected] or ask a question on the application platform.
Share This Post On: