International Finance Corporation (IFC) is now accepting applications from graduate students for its 2020 Summer Internship Program. The deadline for submission of applications for the IFC summer internship program is 17th January, 2020.
IFC offers opportunities for talented and diverse people to contribute and grow their skills as they launch a career in international development finance. They are looking for candidates with strong financial skills, professional achievement, leadership potential and a demonstrated commitment to development. Positions may be based in Washington, DC or a regional office.
Summer Interns are hired for a duration of four to ten weeks between May and September every year in Washington, DC or directly in one of IFC’s country or regional offices. On average, about 30-40 candidates are selected every year.
Role: As a Summer Intern, you will be assigned to an industry, regional or service department within IFC. Assignments cover various areas of work throughout the value chain, including business development, investment proposal review, financial modeling and analysis, advisory services strategy, and portfolio management.
IFC Summer Internship Program Eligibility.
- Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or similar graduate program.
Specific selection criteria include:
For investment positions, work experience (3-6 years) in international finance, which could include corporate finance, investment banking, financial consulting, private equity, credit analysis, or commercial banking
- Knowledge of sectors relevant to IFC and emerging markets experience preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
- Fluency in English; proficiency in one or more of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish strongly preferred
- Commitment to sustainable private sector development
How to Apply for IFC Summer Internship Program.
IFC will accept applications on-line from December 9, 2019 through January 17, 2020. Applications of short-listed candidates will be posted on an internal database accessible by all IFC departments globally. Individual departments contact candidates directly for interviews and usually conclude their hiring decisions between mid March and the end of April.