The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations is now accepting applications from eligible candidates for the 2019/2020 Hungarian Government Scholarship. The deadline for submission of applications for the Hungarian Government Scholarship is 28th February, 2019.
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- MSc in Plant Protection (University of Pannonia)
- MSc in Rural Development and Agribusiness (Szent István University)
- MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology (Szent István University)
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- University of Pannonia, Georgikon Faculty
- Szent István University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Hungarian Government Scholarship Eligibility.
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
*References to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).
Hungarian Government Scholarship Benefits.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
All of the above mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
Hungarian Government Scholarship Selection Criteria.
The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2019.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETE dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
How to Apply for Hungarian Government Scholarship.
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by e-mail consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in English. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Deadlines: Applications will only be considered, if those are sent by email and arrive between 07 January 2019 and 28 February 2019.