Hult Prize Foundation is now accepting applications from students from any college or university in the world for its 2020 Challenge on Empowering the Earth. The deadline for submission of applications for the Hult Prize Challenge is 17th December, 2019.
The Hult Prize Foundation transforms how young people envision their own possibilities as leaders of change in the world around them. With a US$1,000,000 global startup prize as its anchor activity, the Hult Prize has brought impact-focused programs, events and trainings to over a million students globally, creating a pathway for youth everywhere to take action to build a better world.
In just over a decade, the foundation has deployed more than $100M into the impact sector which it helped create. Operating on more than 1500 college and university campuses in 121 countries with a global team of more than 30,000 staff, student volunteers and changemakers the Hult Prize continues to be a disruptive global leader in education, soft skills training and entrepreneurial development for the 21st century.
Hult Prize Challenge Topic.
The 2020 Hult Prize Challenge as announced by President Bill Clinton at the United Nations is: “Building Startups That Have A Positive Impact On Our Planet with Every Dollar Earned” Can we build bold businesses that have a positive net impact on our planet with every sale completed, dollar earned, and decision made?
Hult Prize Challenge Eligibility.
- Open to students from any college or university in the world
- Students should form teams of 3-4
- You are considered a student if at the time of application submission, you have not yet graduated. Alumni and faculty are not allowed to be official team members
- While only teams may compete, individuals who cannot form a team but are interested in competing should join the Facebook community to find others individuals who are looking to form teams.
Hult Prize Challenge Prize.
- The winning student team and their new start-up will receive the prize of $1,000,000 USD. Each year the Hult Prize provides one million dollars in seed capital to the winning impact enterprise of it’s flagship program. The prize money is seeded into the newly created company, which will be run by the student team who came up with the idea.
How to Apply for Hult Prize Challenge.
There are four ways to apply for the Hult Prize (choose one):
- General Application – Complete the general online application. Compete on the global stage at one of the Regional Summits across the world for the chance to join the summer Hult Prize Accelerator in Boston.
- Hult Prize on Campus – Find your school. Winning teams from each of the more than 1,500 Hult Prize On Campus events bypass the general application round to compete in one of the Regional Summits.
- Hult Prize Regional – Find your region. Winning teams will bypass the Regional Summit and be directly admitted into the Hult Prize Accelerator.
- Hult Prize Online Competition – Complete the application. Compete in a Wildcard Round after the Regional Summit for one more opportunity to join the Hult Prize Accelerator.
Share This Post On: