HIV Research Trust is now accepting applications from physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals in early/mid-career for its 2019 Scholarships. The deadline for the submission applications for the HIV Research Trust Scholarships is 12th October, 2018.
The HIV Research Trust awards short-term scholarships to health care professionals in developing countries to help recipients learn skills and techniques which will add to their local department’s capacity in HIV treatment and prevention. The scholarships are available for physicians, nurses, scientists & health care professionals from low- & lower-middle-income countries working in HIV.
The HIV Research Trust is a charitable foundation that provides financial support to physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection. All aspects of research related to HIV infection and its consequences are eligible including clinical care, basic and applied biology, epidemiology, psychological, ethical, economic, educational and societal aspects. The support is in the form of scholarships which are of variable duration and cover course fees, travel, living expenses and consumables.
Scholarships are awarded annually following a competitive peer-review process and are designed to enable the candidate to travel to another research unit to learn skills and techniques which should develop the candidate’s career and, on return to the home institution, add to the capacity of the department to carry out research related to treatment and prevention.
HIV Research Trust Scholarships Eligibility.
The scholarships are for health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection.
If the answer is yes to all the questions below you will be eligible:
- Are you working in the field of HIV?
- Are you in your early to mid career?
- Are you employed by an institution within a low-income and lower-middle-income country?
- Are you proposing to start your programme in the year for which the HIV Research Trust scholarship programme is intended?
- Does the intended programme benefit your career and also build on the capacity of the home institution?
HIV Research Trust Scholarships Benefits.
- The scholarships provide support for travel, living expenses including accommodation, and may provide support for laboratory expenses at the institution to be visited. The preference is for applicants to receive training in recognised centres in other resource-poor countries but travel to other areas is not excluded. The usual period of support is 2-6 months.
- The maximum sum awarded is £8,000 or equivalent value. We expect the budget request to be clearly justified by the programme being presented. If the financial breakdown includes laboratory costs these must not exceed 40% of the total value of your scholarship application
How to Apply for HIV Research Trust Scholarships.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship find out more below:
- Online application for 2019 scholarships opens 20 August 2018 and closes 12 October 2018
- 2019 scholarships announced late December 2018