The Government of Flanders awards scholarships to outstanding students for Master programmes in Flanders and Brussels. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination.
The total budget available for the Master Mind Scholarships programme 2020-2021 is €400.000. It is estimated that 30 international students can benefit from the Master Mind Scholarships 2020-2021.
Applications will be accepted from all Flemish universities, Schools of Arts and the Antwerp Maritime Academy. Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
- KU Leuven / University of Leuvend
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences):
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Sint Lucas Antwerpen – School of Arts (Karel de Grote University College)
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University College
- University College Ghent
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships Eligibility.
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential:
- The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language:
- an overall band score of minimum 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test;
- a C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
- or a similar result in another official language test (recognized by the Host institution).
- Students who apply for a Master programme at a School of Arts have at least:
- an overall band score of minimum 6.5 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test;
- a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
o or a similar result in another official English language test (recognized by the Host
- The Host institution also performs an academic check of the student’s file. The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply. The only exception is made for international students who, at the moment of their application in Master Mind Scholarships / academic year 2020-2021 Spring 2020, are already enrolled in a specific preparatory programme in order to start a master programme in September 2020.
- Students who enroll for following programmes for the academic year 2020-2021 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarship:
- preparatory programmes;
- bridging programmes;
- distance learning.
- Student mobility during the master programme is allowed. However, at least half of the credits of the master programme must be obtained at the Flemish Host institution.
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships Benefits.
The scholarship amounts to €8.000 for the academic year 2020-2021 and €8.000 for the academic year 2021-2022 in case an application was submitted for a two-year Master programme.
How to Apply for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Share This Post On: