Google is now accepting applications from graduate students for its 2019 PhD Fellowship Program. The deadline for submission of Applications for the Google PhD Fellowship Program is Monday, 4th February 2019.
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science and related research areas.
Google PhD Fellowships directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program Eligibility.
For current PhD Students:
- Applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early PhD students, i.e, should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD. Applicants for the 2019 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2018
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals:
- Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2019, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
Google PhD Fellowship Program Benefits.
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
How to Apply for Google PhD Fellowship Program.
In Africa, students may apply directly during the application period, which opens each November in Africa. Applications are open to students in Computer Science and related areas from any African university.
The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program application window for 2019 is now open until Monday, 4th February 2019 at 11:59:59 PM GMT.
Please see the FAQ for more information