University of Ghana, Legion, is now accepting applications from nationals or permanent residents of eligible West African countries for the Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021. The deadline for the submission of applications is 31st January, 2020.
The University of Ghana has received a grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa.
Under the project, the University of Ghana will be the sub-regional hub for the training of PhD scholars in the historical humanities (History, Archaeology, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, Philosophy, History of Law, History of Science, Prehistory and Early History, Classics and other disciplines with historical component).
Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Eligibility.
- Applicant must have successfully completed a Master’s degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Has thorough knowledge of the language of instruction (English)
- Applicant must be a national or permanent resident of one of the following West African countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Funding.
- The project will fund the tuition, accommodation, research, stipend and airfare of international students starting from 2020/2021 academic year.
How to Apply for Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship.
The following documents must be submitted to Project:
- Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- One-page motivation statement
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages (of 1.5 line spaced minimum) clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology for applicant’s research.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Copy of applicant’s passport or national ID card
Completed application forms with copies of required documents should be sent to:
The Provost’s Office
College of Humanities
University of Ghana
P.O Box LG 1173, Legon
Phone: (+233) (0)307080635