Future Generation Art Prize – 5th edition …
PinchukArtCentre (Kyiv, Ukraine) is now accepting applications for the 5th edition of Future Generation Art Prize from all artists around the world aged 35 or younger. The main prize winner receives US$100,000. A further $20,000 is awarded as a special prize/s between up to five artists. Deadline for the submission of entires for the 2018 Future Generation Art Prize is June 29th, 2018.
PinchukArtCentre (Kyiv, Ukraine) announces the 5th edition of the Future Generation Art Prize. Established by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in 2009, it is the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Prize.
The Future Generation Art Prize is a biannual global contemporary art prize to discover, recognize and give long-term support to a future generation of artists. Established by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in 2009, the Prize supported the artistic development and production of new works of over 84 artists in exhibitions at the PinchukArtCentre in Kyiv and as official collateral events at the Venice Biennale in 2011, 2013, and 2017.
Future Generation Art Prize Eligibility & Conditions
- All works of art, regardless of category or media are eligible for submission.
- Participants must be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Participants must fill in all fields of the Application Form and upload a photo/video of between 3 (three) and 7 (seven) of their artworks meeting the size limitations as outlined in the Entry Form.
- The artwork(s) must be the participant’s own work(s).
- Each participant may apply only once during the Application Session;
- A group of artists can apply as one participant; at the same time any artist who belongs to a group that has applied can apply individually as a separate participant;
- Each participant agrees to take part in the Prize Exhibition if selected by the Selection Committee;
- Every participant agrees to pass to the Organizers all rights to use an image of his artwork(s) forpublication and communication without any payment as long as its use is not damaging and/or intended to damage his/her reputation as an artist;
- Entry forms and other information submitted by participant can be reviewed by the Organizers at any time to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions;
- A participant may not amend their entry form or any other information once it has been submitted;
- Registration and participation in the Prize is free of charge;
- A participant may be asked at any time to provide all relevant proof of the accuracy of any submitted information to the satisfaction of the Organizers;
- An Application shall be deemed accepted once the participant receives confirmation by email. If the entry form is not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the participant will not receive confirmation by e-mail;
- The Organizers and the Selection Committee have the unilateral right to exclude a participant’s application which does not comply with the Terms and Conditions;
Future Generation Art Prize Benefits
The Prize is a worldwide contemporary art prize to discover, recognize and give long-term support to a future generation of artists. The Prize is an important contribution to the open participation of younger artists in the dynamic cultural development of societies in global transition. The Prize will emphasize the strong commitment of leading international artists for the next generation of artists and the future of art. The main Prize will be awarded by an international jury to one individual participant or collective of participants who will receive the amount of US$ 100,000. The Prize will be split into US$ 60,000 in cash and US$ 40,000 to invest in the production of new work. The method and details of payment will be agreed with the winner in a separate agreement. An additional $20,000 will be allocated to fund artist- in-residency programs for the Special Prize winner.
Future Generation Art Prize Key Dates
- April 16 – June 29, 2018 – Applications Accepted
- August 27, 2018 – Shortlist Announcement
- February 1 – April 14, 2019 – Exhibition of Shortlisted Artists at the PinchukArtCentre
- March 6, 2019 – Future Generation Art Prize 2019 Award Ceremony
- May 9 – September 2019 – Future Generation Art Prize 2019 @ Venice
How to Enter Future Generation Art Prize
All artists up to 35 may apply with their work without any restrictions concerning gender, nationality, race or artistic medium.