FG BEA Scholarship for 2019/2020 has commenced — Applications are invited from interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2019/2020 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad. The deadline for submission of applications is 19th January 2019.
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2019/2020 Nomination computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!’
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Fields of Study.
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Criteria & Eligibility.
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2017& 2018)for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2018) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Class (1st Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have very strong background in further mathematics;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards;
- All applicants for Flungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before 15th January, 2019.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to the completed Application Form on education.gov.ng.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Venues, Dates & Requirements.
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
2019/2020 FSB COMPTER BASED TEST VENUES AND DATES FROM 15TH TO 19TH JANUARY 2019
NORTH – WEST
GENERAL NOTICE: During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- Warning : Double Entries will be disqualified.
Official Phone Numbers: Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) – 08077884417/09094268637
For furtherTechnical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
How to Apply for Federal Government BEA Scholarship.
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled.
NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!