Facebook is now accepting applications for its 2020 Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hackathon. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hackathon is 24th June, 2020.
Facebook is passionate about bringing the world closer together by advancing artificial intelligence – connecting people to what they care about, powering new, meaningful experiences, and advancing the state-of-the-art through open research and accessible tooling.
Whether you’re just getting started, or an experienced pro, they invite you to submit a solution featuring natural language interactions that leverage the Wit.ai platform.
Not only is this a chance to put your skills to the test and preview the refreshed Wit.ai, but you’ll also discover that you don’t need to be an AI/ML developer to build powerful natural language experiences that can solve real problems right away.
In addition, you will connect with a global community of like-minded developers, benefit from educational resources and be in the running to win some awesome cash prizes.
Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hackathon Eligibility.
- Open only to individuals, organizations, and teams with prior internet access who at the time of entry and throughout the entire 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series have a Facebook and Devpost online account in good standing;
- Are not under any legal or contractual obligation that would prohibit their participation, are not domiciled in Quebec, Canada, the Crimea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and is not otherwise a person or located in any other country under any trade or economic sanction or on any program or country list designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, or where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits their participation or receipt a prize in any Contest.
- Individuals may enter any Contest on an Individual basis and/or by joining as part of one or more Team(s) or Organization(s). If acting as a Representative, then by entering that Individual also represents and warrants that he or she is authorized to so act.
Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hackathon Prizes.
- First Place
- $3,000 USD
- At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer
- Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
- Second Place: $2,500 USD
- Third Place: $1,500 USD
How to Apply for Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hackathon 2020.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Demo video: Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
- Access: A way to access your working web or mobile application, chatbot, smart home devices and your Wit.ai app ID for judging and testing.
- Complete submission form: All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost before the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted.
Share This Post On: