Euromena Consulting is now accepting form startups in Sub-Saharan Africa for its 2019 annual start-up competition. See the requirements and how to apply for the Euromena Awards below.
Euromena Consulting is organising for the third consecutive year the Euromena Awards, a start-up competition dedicated to local and innovative entrepreneurs.
After Abidjan in Côte d’Ivoire in 2017 and Beirut in Lebanon in 2018, the competition will take place in Dakar, Senegal, this year, for the return of the Sub-Saharan Africa Edition. Convinced that Africa is a fount of talent and ideas, Euromena Consulting carries out the vast majority of its missions there and is now a real connoisseur of the challenges of entrepreneurship on this continent.
Euromena Awards Eligibility.
- Applicants must be in “startup” mode and seeking to expand or scale-up
- They must respond to a clear social impact, whereby an intentional positive outcome is meant to solve a certain social challenge or problem
- They must involve a team of at least 2 members
- They must use technology either as a tool or as an end product or service
- They must demonstrate economic viability
- They must have a fully working product/service that has already been produced/launched
- They must be based in one of the following eligible countries, that is sub-saharan country
Euromena Awards Rewards.
- 6 months of customized, high quality business consulting support including coaching, mentorship, and advisory services adapted to the winner’s needs, valued at 100 000€
- Networking, exposure and access through Euromena Consulting’s vast existing network of key stakeholders across the sub-saharan countries
- Local and regional engagement with partners, clients and beneficiaries through access to Euromena Consulting events and opportunities
- First place Winner: €5,000
- Second place winner: €3,000
- Third place winner: €2,000
Euromena Awards Selection Criteria.
The jury members will select the finalists based on the following main criteria:
- Quality of idea – level of innovation, level of competitiveness, use of technology
- Quality of product/service – clarity of ideas, scalability
- Quality of business model – clarity of vision, clarity of approach, sustainability
- Quality of management/leadership – educational/professional backgrounds, team organization and division of tasks
- Level of impact – evaluation of the level of impact on surrounding society or environment
- Feasibility – social and economic
How to Apply for Euromena Awards.
The Euromena Awards welcome startups that aim to resolve a specific challenge or problem, and that include social impact as part of their business’ core values. They can be aligned with any of the below themes:
- Financial inclusion
- Social and economic development
Share This Post On: