Applications are invited from holders of master’s degree or any equivalent academic qualification for the Eni Award 2020: Young Talents from Africa Prize. The deadline for presentation of the candidatures is 15th December, 2019.
The Eni Award is an annual international prize dedicated to the best research projects about energy, sustainability and the environment. Submit your ideas for a more sustainable future today: the next Eni Award winner could be you!
The Eni Award is a benchmark for innovation in the energy sector and it is internationally recognised as the Nobel Prize for energy. The Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize constitutes one of the six sections of the Eni Award, composed by the Energy Transition, Energy Frontiers, Advanced Environmental Solutions and the Young Researcher of the Year Prizes, together with the Recognition at Innovation Eni.
The purpose of the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize is to help new generations of African researchers to emerge. The winners will attend PhD courses at prestigious Italian Universities and research centers, where their innovative research activities about the scientific topics promoted by Eni Award will be encourage and supported.
Eni Young Talents from Africa Prize Benefits.
- Each of the four winners will be awarded with a customized plaque and a scholarship for the attendance of a 3 years PhD course to be conducted in Italy, in an Italian university or research institute with a solid reputation on the above-mentioned topics. Where authorized within the PhD course framework, it will be possible to carry out a research period outside Italy. It will be also allowed to propose a non-Italian thesis advisor, collaborating with the Italian university or research institute hosting the student.
- The Prizes will be assigned to the winning candidates, proclaimed by the Organizing Committee within June 2020.
Eni Young Talents from Africa Prize Eligibility.
- Candidates must own a Master’s degree or any equivalent – according to the European system – academic qualification, granting access to a PhD course in an Italian university. The theses must have been defended at an African University during the same year of the annual Official Announcement, or in the precedent year.
- The Prize is awarded to students born in or after the year 1989.
- The Prize is reserved to students graduated in an African university and of African citizenship, coming from one of the 58 African countries listed below.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for Eni Young Talents from Africa Prize.
The Candidature application forms are available through the apply link below, and must be sent as follows:
- The Candidature Proposal-Thesis, the Candidature Proposal-Research and the CV will have to
be uploaded on the Eni Award Candidates private area. The access to the private area must be
requested to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) that will provide an
account for the procedure.
- A copy of the Thesis in electronic form as well as possible recognitions, certificates, letters of
reference, the List of Publications and the related publications must be sent by e-mail to the
following address: email@example.com.
Page 3 Eni Award 2020 – Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize
- The Candidate will have the possibility to provide a self-made video of no more than 3 minutes
describing the main aspects and applications of his/her research proposal. Such presentations
will be sent as indicated during the Candidature’s registration process and will be accepted in
the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .FLV.
- Following the safe receipt of all the application’s documents, a file named Summary of the
Candidature Proposal, containing the main data of the candidature and the Completion Code,
will be provided to each candidate.