The European Commission is now accepting applications form young people around the world for its 2019 European Development Days (EDD) Young Leaders Programme. The deadline for submission of applications is 24th March, 2019.
Is inequality an issue that impacts you deeply and which you are working to bring to light and to reduce? Do you want to share your vision of the future with other influential development actors? The time has come to make your voice heard: Apply for the European Development Days (EDD) Young Leaders Programme and grab the chance to be invited to Brussels to share your ideas!
The European Commission is inviting young people from around the world to play an active role in this year’s EDD. They are looking for 15 extraordinary young people aged 21-26 who can represent the powerful impact that youth are having in the development field. The Young Leaders Programme will consist of a 10-day visit to Brussels, where Young Leaders will meet EU experts and stakeholders and play a leading role in the EDD Programme, which will include speaking in various session alongside global leaders.
EDD Young Leaders Programme Eligibility.
- Open to young people from around the world;
- You must be aged 21-26;
- You must be playing an active role in the fight for gender equality and women empowerment at the local, national or regional level;
- You must be willing to share your views and experiences in high-level debates alongside world leaders and other change-makers in the development field.
EDD Young Leaders Programme Cost.
- Travel and accommodation are covered by the European Commission.
EDD Young Leaders Programme Selection Criteria.
- The selection of the Young Leaders will be based on their expertise and leadership of one of the EDD 2019 topics.
How to Apply for EDD Young Leaders Programme.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Applications will close on Sunday 24 March (1:00 PM CET)