The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is now accepting applications from qualified early- to mid-career researchers in sub-Saharan Africa for its 2020 Career Development Fellowships in Poverty-related Diseases and Child and Adolescent Health. The deadline for the submission of applications for the EDCTP Career Development Fellowships is 5th August, 2020.
Applications are open for the EDCTP Career Development Fellowships 2020 in Poverty-related Diseases and Child and Adolescent Health. The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to support early- to mid-career researchers by providing them with opportunities to train and develop their clinical research skills.
EDCTP Career Development Fellowship Objectives.
The objectives are:
- To promote retention of postdoctoral researchers and postgraduate medical researchers in the clinical or field research areas of sub-Saharan Africa
- To equip the fellows to establish themselves as independent researchers with ability to establish their own research teams at host institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
EDCTP Career Development Fellowship Eligibility.
- The applicant must be a legal entity established in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The fellow must be employed or have guaranteed employment by the applicant legal entity (the host organisation) where they intend to remain working for a minimum of two years after the expiration of the grant.
- The applying fellow must:
- be a resident of or be willing to relocate to a sub-Saharan African country;
- be either a graduate in a subject relevant to the EDCTP programme, with a PhD and up to five years’ relevant postdoctoral research experience, or a medical doctor with up to five years’ research experience;
- have at least one publication in an international peer-reviewed journal;
- not have been funded under this fellowship scheme before.
EDCTP Career Development Fellowship Benefits.
- The requested EDCTP contribution per action shall not exceed EUR 150,000. The maximum fellowship duration shall be 36 months.
EDCTP Career Development Fellowship Expected Impact.
Projects funded under this Call for Proposals should:
- Contribute towards the achievement of SDG3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’
- Promote career progression of researchers in Africa
- Encourage entry and reintegration of African scientists trained abroad and
- Enable the retention of postdoctoral and postgraduate researchers in their respective research fields and that the researchers develop into independent researchers and team leaders at host institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
Ultimately these grants will contribute to the generation of a critical mass of clinical or field/social science/ethics researchers and institutional research capacity in sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply for EDCTP Career Development Fellowship.
This is a single-stage application procedure. Proposals must be submitted by August 5, 2020 at 17:00 CEST. Evaluation results are expected to be made available by December 21, 2020.