The DStv Eutelsat Star Awards, which are a product of a partnership between Eutelsat and MultiChoice Africa, aim to stimulate interest in science and technology and to inspire innovative thinking among secondary and high school students across the continent.
Students are invited to write an essay or design a poster depicting how innovative use of satellite technology in the fields of communication, earth observation or navigation can propel Africa into the future.
DStv Eutelsat Star Awards Eligibility.
- The Awards are open to students between 14 and 19 years of age in secondary, high or combined schools anywhere in Africa where MultiChoice operates.
- Entries can be submitted in English, French or Portuguese.
DStv Eutelsat Star Awards Competition Prizes.
Top entrants at the national level win prizes such as computers or tablets, and go forward to compete in the overall awards for the winning and runner up essay and poster prizes.
The overall winning entries will receive prizes as follows:
- Overall Essay Award: A trip for the winning student and their parent/legal guardian to Eutelsat in France and attendance of a rocket launch.
- Overall Poster Award: A trip for the winning student and their parent/legal to the MultiChoice offices and the South African Space Agency at Hartbeesthoek.
- The schools attended by the overall award winners and runners-up are rewarded with a DStv installation, including dish, television, state-of-the-art PVR decoder and free access to the DStv Education Bouquet.
DStv Eutelsat Star Awards Topic.
It’s sixty years since the first satellite Sputnik was launched, broadcasting a unique and easily captured ‘beep, beep, beep’ signal.
Looking back at this historic moment, write an essay or design a poster depicting how satellites have launched humankind into the 21st century and acted as a unifier.
How to Enter DStv Eutelsat Star Awards.
For an entry form – which will tell you everything you need to know – visit your nearest MultiChoice Office or download it here. South African entrants can collect a copy from MultiChoice Africa, 251 Oak Avenue in Randburg, Johannesburg.
Entries must be:
Deposited: in the entry box at MultiChoice Africa country or regional offices (African countries) OR for South Africa at the MultiChoice Africa Building, 251 Oak Avenue in Randburg, Johannesburg (South Africa only).
Posted: To MultiChoice offices listed on the entry form. For South African entries only : To MultiChoice Africa, 251 Oak Avenue in Randburg, Johannesburg. Attention: Lebogang Ramothata
All entries must be accompanied by an entry form and in the case of posters an entry form and creative summary.
For queries you may email your question to: [email protected] or phone your nearest MultiChoice Office. In the case of South Africa, please contact Mahlatse Sithole on 011 781 9950.