DSM is now accepting applications from young leaders for its Brighter Living Scholarship to attend the 2020 One Young World Summit in Munich. The deadline for the submission of applications for the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship is 29th June, 2020.
With the Brighter Living Scholarship DSM will offer two scholarships to young leaders around the world, who are working to further the transition from a linear to a circular and/or bio-based economy.
The scholarship focuses on DSM’s purpose-driven domain, Resources & Circularity. DSM’s ambition is to safeguard the future availability of natural resources, and to unlock more value from the limited resources that are available. In order to reach this two-fold goal, DSM focuses on five circularity drivers to design and manufacture its solutions:
- Reduce the use of critical resources
- Replace scarce, hazardous and potentially harmful resources with renewable and safer alternatives
- Extend the lifetime of products
- Design for recyclability
- Recover waste streams
DSM Brighter Living Scholarship Eligibility.
To be eligible to receive for this scholarship you must:
- Be aged 18 – 30 years.
- Be a national of any country.
- Have 3-5 years experience in a business, and preferably running your own business.
DSM Brighter Living Scholarship Benefits.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
DSM Brighter Living Scholarship Assessment Criteria.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants making a positive impact on accelerating the transition towards a circular and/or bio-based economy in one (or more) of the following ways:
- Materials innovation & design: redesigning, or designing new materials by addressing any one (or more) of DSM’s five circularity drivers as outlined above – Reduce, Replace, Extend, Design, Recover
- Entrepreneurship: contributing to circularity by implementing new business models in the following markets: Buildings (including interior) & construction, Textiles, Heavy Marine & Fishing industry, Electronics, Automotive, Food packaging, 3D printing o Advocacy and shaping opinions: raising awareness and having a leading voice in the transition towards a circular & bio-based economy
- Clean up initiatives: driving clean up initiatives on waste, by not only cleaning up but also by viewing waste as a resource
- Digitalization: using new technologies to support radical transparency, and to keep materials at their highest utility and value
How to Apply for DSM Brighter Living Scholarship.
As part of the application, you will be required to provide a short description of yourself, including your current role, achievements and aspirations.
Share This Post On: