Digital Africa Startup Challenge for African Startups.
If, like us, you are convinced that digital innovation can have a tremendous impact to boost the emergence of Africa. If you are involved in an entrepreneurial adventure and that you have created an innovative product or service to answer the main challenges of African economies. If you would like to contribute to digital transition within a dynamic of innovation and common good, let the world know about your innovation, boost your growth and increase your impact.
The first edition of the Digital Africa challenge, launched in October 2016, received more than 500 applications and rewarded 10 winning startups which convinced the judging panel on the potential impact of their innovation. Building on this success, AFD and Bpifrance decided to renew the experience with the objective of offering a long-term support to the emergence of mature and solid digital ecosystems, catalysers of new economic opportunities.
For this second edition of Digital Africa, startups are invited to propose innovative projects linked to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals :
- Territory : urban challenge, rural transformation, Smart City
- Citizenship: e-government, civic engagement, activism, alternative medias
- Knowledge and creativity: education, formation, creative and cultural industries
- Environment and climate: green tech, clean tech, sustainable transportations, blue economy, energies
Eligibility: Open to African and French Startups.
- AFD Acceleration Pack (for the 5 winning African startups)
- Winners benefit from services including mentoring, incubation, networking and funding. The prize is fully customizable – you will work with AFD to build your own pack to suit your needs!
- Maximum value of 30,000 euros for each winner.
- BPIFrance Support Pack (for the 5 winning French startups)
- This pack includes registration on any training programme from the BPIFrance Universite catalogue. Also a trip offering the opportunity to network and to discover the Abidjan and Cape Town ecosystems, organized by French Tech Abidjan and French Tech Cape Town.
- Maximum value of 10,000 euros for each winner.
Selection Process: The final selection will include four African startups and four French startups, all chosen by the jury. Two additional startups will be chosen by an online public vote.
How to Apply for the Digital Africa Startup Challenge for African Startups.
Answer the online questionnaire and submit a brief presentation of your solution and a document attesting the existence of the business.