DAAD University is now accepting applications from foreign students and graduates for its 2018/2019 Summer Courses Scholarship. The deadline for submission of applications for DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship is 1st December, 2018.
The program aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
The program funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language/terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools. The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week. The courses usually take place in the period from June to December.
DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship Eligibility.
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area;
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period;
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay;
- Applicants must be registered at a university of one of the programme-related countries (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins;
- A scholarship holder may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD University Summer Course Grant;
- Language skills
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams.
- Proof of German language skills must be provided with the application.
- The language certificate for the required minimum language should be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut–Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat.
- In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of A2.
DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship Benefits.
- Successful candidates are provided a one-off scholarship payment of 950 Euros; scholarship holders from “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship of 1,125 Euros;
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe);
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship Selection Criteria.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing arguments for choice of study programme and subject
- Knowledge of German
How to Apply for DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarship.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD Portal. You are also required to send 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by post to the application address.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be submitted in non-certified form. The DAAD Head Office in Bonn reserves the right to also request certified copies of the submitted documents.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- Copy of university degree certificate with final grade(s), if available (with German or English translation)
- Proof of credits of the last two years (in German or in English)
- Language certificates
To be submitted by post:
- A recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications. Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
- You are also required to send 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by post to the application address.
Apply Before: 1st December, 2018.