You’d like to study in Germany? DAAD Scholarship Programme offers graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study.
The DAAD is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers. Since it was founded in 1925, around two million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding. It is a registered association and its members are German institutions of higher education and student bodies.
Application Closing Date: 31st October, 2017.
Eligible Regions: Open for all. (Except who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months).
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- If the scholarship holder is enrolled in a Master’s or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
– The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective.
– The study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
– The study period does not take place in the home country.
- Applicants in the fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film should have a knowledge of the language of instruction which corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship.
- A monthly payment of 750 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. 500 euros per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Selection: A special DAAD committee made up of professors from German art schools makes the final decision about scholarships in the fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film. The decision is based upon written applications and work samples which have to be submitted.