Applications are invited from nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African Country for the DAAD In-Region PhD Scholarship Programme 2020 at AIMS South Africa. The deadline for submission of application is 8th November, 2019.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
As part of the “In-Region Scholarship Progamme” DAAD offers scholarships for PhD studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa) with a Master’s degree who want to pursue PhD courses in South Africa (In-Region scholarships). It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with AIMS by offering up to six In-Region Scholarships for PhD studies in the field of Mathematical Sciences. Students although registered at UWC, UCT or Stellenbosch University will need to be affiliated to AIMS South Africa either through co-supervision or research collaboration. Students will be required to spend some time at AIMS South Africa throughout their studies.
DAAD In-Region PhD Scholarship Programme at AIMS South Africa Eligibility.
- Have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African Country, excluding South Africa
- Should generally be
- staff member of a public university,
- candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment,
- from the public sector
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
- PhD-scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
DAAD In-Region PhD Scholarship Programme at AIMS South Africa Value.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition fees
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Accommodation and feeding
- Travel allowance
How to Apply for DAAD In-Region PhD Scholarship Programme at AIMS South Africa.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Closing date 8 November 2019
For related queries, please email email@example.com