D-Prize Competition is now accepting applications from aspiring Entrepreneurs Worldwide to participate in its 2020 challenge. Each winner will get up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. D-Prize programs produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty.
Who Should Apply for D-Prize Competition.
You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
D-Prize Competition Challenges.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- + WATER, SANITATION, AND HYGIENE
- + GIRLS’ EDUCATION
- + AGRICULTURE
- + ENERGY
- + GLOBAL HEALTH
- + EDUCATION
- + GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- + CUSTOM
D-Prize Competition Eligibility.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
D-Prize Competition Benefits.
- Up to $20,000 USD will be awarded to selected applicants to launch a pilot version of their new organization in any region where extreme poverty exists.
D-Prize Competition Timeline.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 18th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 8th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): November 29th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
How to Apply for D-Prize Competition.
- Round 1 – Submit your concept note and resume(s). We generally receive 1800 submissions a competition.
- Round 2 – Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 page proposal. You will have four weeks to draft and submit.
- Final Round – Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1-2% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- Launch – You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
If you have questions, send an email to the D-Prize team at firstname.lastname@example.org.