Government of the Czech Republic is now accepting applications from foreign nationals from developing countries for its 2019/2020 Scholarship Programme. The deadline for submission of application for the Czech Republic Scholarship Programme is 30th September, 2018.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in follow-up Master study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor’s degree courses who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Government of the Czech Republic Scholarship Worth:
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month
- Whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
The above scholarship amounts include an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs. Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic. Should health services exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover them at his/her own cost.
Government of the Czech Republic Scholarship : Eligible Countries.
The scholarships are intented solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from the eligible developing third countries listed below. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
Scholarships for 2019/2020 are offered only to the citizens of the following countries:
How to Apply for Government of the Czech Republic Scholarship.
Prospective applicants are advised to peruse the guidelines before applying.
Prospective applicants are requested to acquaint themselves with information on personal data protection at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic, in compliance with the respective EU GDPR Regulation:
- in Czech: http://www.msmt.cz/ministerstvo/zakladni-informace-o-zpracovani-osobnich-udaju-ministerstvem;
- in English: personal_data_protection_at_MEYS.docx.
Information on personal data protection at the Ministry’s subordinate agency, Centre for International Cooperation in Education, is available at:
- http://www.dzs.cz/file/6546/oznameni_stipendia-msmt-pdf/; http://www.dzs.cz/cz/o-dzs/gdpr/;
- http://www.dzs.cz/file/6633/gdpr_scholarships_en-pdf/; http://www.dzs.cz/en/about-dzs/gdpr_en/ .