CoreNet Global is now accepting submissions from students around the World for its 2018/2019 Academic Challenge. The deadline for submission of entries for the CoreNet Global Academic Challenge is 17th August, 2018.
CoreNet Global is pleased to announce its 2018-19 Academic Challenge sponsored by Cushman & Wakefield and Kl Furniture. The goal of this global competition is to raise awareness of corporate real estate as a viable career opportunity amongst college students of all academic disciplines, to connect local chapters and members of the association with future talent, and encourage more universities to include corporate real estate in their curricula.
Student teams from universities and academic institutions around the world are invited to compete in an academic challenge whereby students will be asked to play the role of consultants in order to address a real-world issue facing companies around the globe: Identify the potential technology disruptors most likely to impact your client’s global corporate real estate footprint and create short-term and long-term strategies that put corporate real estate at the forefront of technological innovation – and enable business success.
Three teams, with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) students each, will be selected to compete onsite at the CoreNet Global North American Summit, a professional conference for 3,000+ corporate real estate professionals from around the world, to be held in Boston, MA, 14-17 October 2018. Interested students will be required to submit a registration form and then respond to the challenge, as discussed herein. Based on the quality of their submission, three teams will be invited to participate in the Boston Finals.
CoreNet Global Academic Challenge Benefits:
- Interested students will be required to submit a registration form and then respond to the challenge, as discussed herein. Based on the quality of their submission, three teams will be invited to participate in the Boston Finals.
- The winning team will be awarded US$5,000.
CoreNet Global Academic Challenge Prizes:
- Three teams will be selected from among all the complete submissions received. Teams and their faculty advisors will be provided transportation * to the Global Summit in Boston, and provided with lodging and Summit admission during the competition.
- It is expected that faculty advisors will travel with each finalist team.
- Non-Member finalists will be given complimentary student membership in CoreNet Global (retail value: $25) and a copy of The Essential Guide to Corporate Real Estate (retail value: $49.99). The winning team will receive US $5,000.
* In order to allow teams to make the most of their travel experience and potentially reduce expenses, teams are permitted to arrive early and/or stay late but lodging will * only* be provided for the dates identified in the notification email; all travel must be booked by CoreNet Global
CoreNet Global Academic Challenge Requirements:
- The competition is open to students of all disciplines pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree at a recognized degree-awarding institution, such as a University, Grande École, College or Fachhochschule, hereafter referred to as “University,” on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Each student must be currently enrolled in classes at their host university throughout the competition, and not have more than 7 years prior professional experience.
CoreNet Global Academic Challenge TIMELINE (subject to change):
- Application deadline– 17 August 2018
- Challenge competitors announced – 7 September 2018
- North American Global Summit, Boston, M A, 14- 17 October 2018
- Presentations due: 16 October, 10 AM (EDT) at the North American Global Summit. Any additional materials to be shown to the judges (including, but not limited to: handouts, posters, etc.) MUST BE INCLUDED with the presentation when submitted; any new material presented without first being submitted may subject the team to penalty and will be excluded.
- North American Global Summit Awards Presentation & Recognition Dinner: 16 October 2018
CoreNet Global Academic Challenge Selection Criteria:
- Finalists will be notified on or before 7 September 2018.
- Teams selected as Finalists must inform the Challenge by email to [email protected] no later than 10 September 2018 if they do not wish to travel to Boston to participate in the Final Round on 16 October 2018. This will allow the Challenge to notify the next highest-ranking team.