Cisco is accepting entries from Students and Recent Grads for its 2020 Global Problem Solver Challenge. The deadline for submission of entries for the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge is 17th January, 2020.
Are you someone using technology to solve the world’s social and environmental problems? Apply for the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge for the chance to win $100,000 in prize money.
The fourth annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university.
$350,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge Eligibility.
- For participants to be eligible, at least half of the team’s members must be students currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have received a degree after March 1, 2018.
- If entering as a business entity, at least 25% of the business must be owned by individuals that meet the above qualifications. Individual students and recent grads may also apply.
- Eligible solutions (technologies, products or services) must:
- Incorporate Internet of Things (IoT) or digital technologies as part of the solution
- Have a positive social, environmental or economic impact (e.g. health, education, accessibility, critical human needs (food, water, disaster response/recovery, safety, etc.)
Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge Prizes.
- $100,000 USD Grand Prize: A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD First Runner Up: A single team will be designated first runner up.
- $25,000 USD Second Runners Up: Three teams will be designated the Second Runners Up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD Third Runners Up: Four teams will be designated the Third Runners Up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s Choice: The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
How to Enter Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge.
Follow the link below to enter the contest. Accurately and truthfully complete the online registration form, accept the Terms and Conditions and follow the instructions for submitting an “Entry” as described on the Site. An “Entry” must be an original idea for an early stage technology-enabled solution that drives economic development and/or solves social or environmental problems as described above.
Apply Before: 17th January, 2020.