Entries are invited from Nigerian undergraduate students in Nigerian public and private universities and in other tertiary institutions of learning for the 2021 Chevening Essay Competition. The deadline for the submission of entries is 18th January 2021.
The Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF) of the British High Commission (BHC) supports Chevening Alumni Association activities across the globe. The Alumni Association are professionals who are beneficiaries of the Chevening Scholarship Programme for Post-Graduate Studies in various disciplines in the United Kingdom (UK). The Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria (CAAN) has received funding from the Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF), to organize an essay competition for young people in Nigeria, as part of its community service endeavours. CAAN is therefore pleased to publish details of the competition as follows.
Chevening Essay Competition Topic
- Alternative Narratives to illegal Migration Amongst Young People in Nigeria
Chevening Essay Competition Prizes
- 1st Place prize: A Laptop and 1-month Data subscription.
- 2nd Place Prize: A Tablet and 1-month Data subscription.
- 3rd Place prize: A Smart Phone and 1-month Data subscription.
- Prize winners will receive a Certificate of Good Performance.
Chevening Essay Competition Eligibility
- Undergraduate students in Nigerian public and private universities and in other tertiary institutions of learning.
How to Submit Entries for Chevening Essay Competition
- Not more than 2000 words, including references.
- Must be original, as the essay will be subjected to credit reference checks.
- Typed and double-spaced.
- Appropriate use of examples and illustrations
- Creative and engaging, with realistic solutions to the migration saga.
- Comprehensive prose.
Deadline: 12.00 GMT, January 18, 2021.
Share This Post On: