CDT-Africa Fellowship. The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is now accepting applications for its 2019 MSc in Clinical Trials Fellowship. The MSc program is designed to meet the highest international standards of training in Clinical Trials. Deadline for submission of application for the 2019 CDT-Africa MSc in Clinical Trials Fellowship is 15th May, 2019.
The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported centre of excellence for education and research at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The main aim of CDT-Africa is to serve as a platform for equitable access to interventions (medications, vaccines, diagnostics and complex interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high-quality capacity development for innovative therapeutic discovery.
As part of its commitment to support regional capacity for therapeutic development, the Center has developed a Master’s program in Clinical Trials. This MSc program was developed after a needs assessment, which combines extensive need for the program, and following standard procedures.
The Center’s MSc in Clinical Trials curriculum, the first of its kind in Ethiopia and the Region, is designed for the training of experts who are actively contributing to the clinical trials process in Africa. The program’s overall aim is to prepare competent individuals who would work in pharmaceutical industries, regulatory agencies, contract research organizations, academia and other research centres, with the primary objective of assisting with the designing, execution and reporting of clinical trials pertaining to drugs, diagnostics, behavioural interventions and medical devices commensurate with Good Clinical Practice, legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements.
CDT-Africa MSc in Clinical Trials Fellowship Program Description
- The MSc program is designed to meet the highest international standards of training in Clinical Trials. It has a total duration of 18 months and 96 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) consisting of 59 ECTS general and specialized subject area modules, 2 ECTS seminar works, 5 ECTS attachments, and 30 ECTS MSc research project works.
- The program will be delivered in full time mode in a modular block teaching approach.
- Lectures will be held at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, while students will have hands-on teaching-learning at different research projects of the College and the Center as well as partner institutions.
CDT-Africa MSc in Clinical Trials Fellowship Eligibility
- A candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in healthcare or life sciences, such as pharmacy, public health, nursing, biology, doctorate degree in medicine or equivalent, doctor of dental medicine, and doctor of veterinary medicine. Those with Bachelor of Statistics are also eligible;
- Others with additional qualifications with or without Bachelor Degree in the life sciences may be eligible if relevant further qualifications are obtained. Examples of such qualifications are Master of public health, MSc in pharmacy, MSc in pharmacology, MSc in statistics, and doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD);
- As this is a needs based program, it is desirable for applicants to have one or two years of service after last graduation with relevant program to have the exposure to real-life challenges prior to joining the program;
- Applicants may need to submit a sponsorship letter from their institution once they are selected, unless they are private applicants;
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University;
- English is the medium of education and candidates should demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English.
CDT-Africa MSc in Clinical Trials Fellowship Benefits.
- The Center will pay for any required registration fee
- The Center will have a modest funding to support research projects of all students
- Any student coming from countries outside Ethiopia will have a dormitory within Addis Ababa University and a monthly living allowance of net 10,000 Ethiopian birr for male and 13,000 Ethiopian Birr for female students
- Other national students are required to have sponsorship from their institutions.
How to Apply for CDT-Africa Fellowship.
- Application document (CV, official transcript, copies of degrees, motivation letter) must be submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr Tsegahun Manyazewal – email@example.com, copying Ms Samrawit Ketema – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The motivation letter should describe how the applicant meets the requirements for the MSc study and why he/she wants to engage in the program.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2019.