British Council is calling for proposals from artists and arts organisations from cities within England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and East Africa for its 2018 new Art new Audiences (nAnA). Deadline for submission of proposals for the British Council new Art new Audiences (nAnA) is 15th July, 2018.
new Art new Audiences (nAnA) is an annual open call for 18 to 35-year-old artists, arts organisations, and art collectives from cities within England; Ethiopia; Kenya; Northern Ireland; Rwanda; Scotland; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; and Wales. nAnA gives an opportunity for artists from these cities to create new art together, and to showcase this art to audiences across these countries.
If you would like to apply for nAnA 2018, please follow these three steps:
- Download and read the ‘nAnA 2018 Applicant Info Pack’ found in our downloads section below;
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken to the ‘nAnA 2018 Application Form’;
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email from the British Council confirming receipt. You will be notified if your project has been shortlisted.
Note: you will not be notified if your project has not been shortlisted.
nAnA2018 Key Information:
- nAnA will fund 5 new projects in 2018;
- Up to £30,000 will be allocated to each project;
- Artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives from the specified countries (listed above) must connect to co-create, co-facilitate or co-produce new art together. Examples of ways to interpret this criterion can be found in the document available below;
- nAnA 2018 is particularly interested in supporting projects by artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives that already have, and want to build upon, cross country collaborations and connections. New partnerships are also encouraged and in the FAQs, you will see how the British Council are offering support to identify arts partners in the UK and the East African region;
- There are no restrictions on art forms and there are no restrictions on themes.
- Grant Opens Monday 4 June;
- Application deadline Sunday 15 July, midnight UK time;
- Shortlisting: Monday 16 July – Sunday 12 August;
- Shortlisted candidates notified and invited to interview: Monday 13 August;
- Skype interviews with shortlisted applicants: Monday 27 August – Friday 31 August;
- Final selection: Friday 14 September;
- All applicants informed: Monday 17 September;
- Project Payments: September/October 2018;
- Projects Start Date: 1 November 2018.
- nAnA 2018 application information pack
- nAnA 2018 Application Info Pack Swahili
- nAnA 2018 Application Info Pack Arabic
- nAnA 2018 Application Info Pack Amharic