Applications are invited from students or recent graduates anywhere in the world who are passionate about journalism for the British Council Future News Worldwide 2019. The deadline for submission of applications is 21st March, 2019.
British Council is looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
The programme offers aspiring young journalists opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders, with a mixture of talks, interactive panel sessions, workshops and hands-on experiences. After the conference, delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
British Council Future News Worldwide Eligibility.
If you’re a student or a recent graduate who’s passionate about journalism then you can apply! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- Be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- Be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- Be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019.
British Council Future News Worldwide Benefits.
- The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered. Future News Worldwide 2019 will take place on 16 and 17 July at Reuters UK headquarters in Canary Wharf, London.
How to Apply for British Council Future News Worldwide.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
The deadline is 12.00 (noon) GMT on 21 March 2019.