Bristol Short Story Prize is now accepting entries for its annual international writing competition from published and unpublished, UK and non-UK based writers. Deadline for submission of entires for Bristol Short Story Prize is 30th April, 2020.
We are delighted to announce that the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize , in association with Tangent Books, is open for entries. The competition is open to all writers around the world whether published or unpublished, UK or non-UK based.
20 stories will be shortlisted and published in Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology Volume 13. The winner and 2 runners up will be selected from the shortlist and announced at an awards ceremony which will be held in Bristol in October 2020.
Bristol Short Story Prize Eligibility.
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, April 30 2020.
- The maximum word limit is 4,000, there is no minimum;
- Stories may be on any theme or subject.
- The 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to all published and unpublished writers. There is no geographical restriction on entry- the 2020 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to everyone, whether they are based in the UK or outside the UK.
Bristol Short Story Prize Benefits.
- The 1st prize is £1,000, 2nd prize is £500, 3rd prize is £250;
- 17 further prizes of £100 will be presented to the remaining shortlisted writers;
- All shortlisted writers will receive 2 free copies of the anthology. Prizes will be sent to any writer on the shortlist who is unable to attend the awards ceremony.
- The winning story will also be published in Bristol 24/7 magazine.
- This year they are introducing The Sansom Award in recognition of the contribution to Bristol publishing of John and Angela Sansom at Redcliffe Press. A prize of £100 will be awarded to the highest placed story by a Bristol writer.
How to Enter Bristol Short Story Prize.
The maximum length of submissions is 4,000 words (does not include title), there is no minimum length. Stories can be on any theme or subject and are welcome in any style including graphic, verse or genre-based (Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Children’s etc..) .
Entries can be made online or by post. All entries must be in English. Online entries should be submitted via the online entry facility, usually in Word document, pdf or equivalent. Postal entries will only be accepted as printed typescripts. There are no specific formatting requirements – font type, font size, line spacing etc. Writers may format their work in the way they feel is most appropriate – we do not specify any particular format for submissions. Please send postal entry/entries to: Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH.
Closing date for receipt of entries is 30th April, 2020 at midnight BST.
Share This Post On: