We are delighted to announce that the 2018 Bristol Short Story Prize , in association with Tangent Books, is open for entries. The competition is open to all writers around the world whether published or unpublished, UK or non-UK based.
20 stories will be shortlisted and published in Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology Volume 11. The winner and 2 runners up will be selected from the shortlist and announced at an awards ceremony which will be held in Bristol in October 2018.
Bristol Short Story Prize Eligibility.
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, May 1st 2018.
- The 2018 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to all published and unpublished writers. There is no geographical restriction on entry- the 2018 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to everyone, whether they are based in the UK or outside the UK.
Bristol Short Story Prize Benefits.
- 1st prize-£1000
- 2nd prize -£700
- 3rd prize -£400
- Each of the 17 remaining shortlisted writers will receive £100
- Each of the 2018 Bristol Short Story Prize shortlisted authors will receive 2 free copies of the paperback version of Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology Volume 11 and will be able to purchase further copies at a discount of 50%.
- All 2018 Bristol Short Story prize shortlisted writers will be able to purchase any number of copies of any volume of Bristol Short Story Prize Anthologies at a discount of 50%.
How to Enter Bristol Short Story Prize.
The maximum length of submissions is 4,000 words (does not include title), there is no minimum length. Stories can be on any theme or subject and are welcome in any style including graphic, verse or genre-based (Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Children’s etc..) .
Entries can be made online or by post. All entries must be in English. Online entries should be submitted via the online entry facility, usually in Word document, pdf or equivalent. Postal entries will only be accepted as printed typescripts. There are no specific formatting requirements – font type, font size, line spacing etc. Writers may format their work in the way they feel is most appropriate – we do not specify any particular format for submissions. Please send postal entry/entries to: Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH.
Closing date for receipt of entries is May 1st 2018 at midnight BST (‘midnight’ meaning the very last second of May 1st 2018).