Bitch Media is now accepting applications from writers worldwide for its 2021 Fellowships. Receive a $2,000 stipend for the three-month fellowship. The deadline for submission of application for Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers is 30th June, 2020.
We’re pleased to announce that the 2021 Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers applications are now open! A series of three-month intensive writing fellowships, the goal is to develop, support, and amplify emerging voices in feminist media. All fellows will work under the guidance of Bitch cofounder Andi Zeisler.
This fellowship was created in order to cultivate and amplify new voices. If you are a writer who has minimal publication experience, we strongly encourage you to apply. If you are passionate about one of the above subject areas but do not have a history of writing or blogging about them, we strongly encourage you to apply. If you are a writer still figuring out what subjects obsess you, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Fellows will work in one of four subject areas during their fellowship period:
- Sexual politics
- Pop-culture criticism
- Global feminism
Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers Eligibility.
- If you are a writer who has minimal publication experience, they strongly encourage you to apply.
- If you are passionate about one of the above subject areas but do not have a history of writing or blogging about them, they strongly encourage you to apply.
- If you are a writer still figuring out what subjects obsess you, they strongly encourage you to apply.
Bitch Media Fellowship for Writers Benefits.
During the 3-month fellowship, fellows will:
- Produce a minimum of four online articles for Bitch Media in the topic area of their fellowship. These pieces can take a variety of forms: reported, analytical, advocacy-focused, and even infographic.
- Produce at least one longform article to be published in the quarterly magazine Bitch: A Feminist Response to Pop Culture.
- Participate in regular discussions (by Zoom) with the fellowship director and other members of the Bitch Media staff.
- Receive mentorship and support in creating, shaping, and editing articles and online pieces.
- Receive follow-up support with placing future articles and essays, and make great connections within the feminist-media community.
- Receive a $2,000 stipend for the three-month fellowship.
How to Apply for Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers.
Be sure to read the FAQs before filling out your application.
The following application materials are required to be ready for the application:
- A cover letter of no more than 600 words that describes your interest in the fellowship area of your choice. What are the topics you’re passionate about?
- What are the facets and angles of this subject that you think are underreported and under-discussed elsewhere in the media?
- What unique experiences and perspectives will you bring to the topic?
- A CV (no more than 2 pages) that includes a list of any previous publications, if applicable. (You can still apply to a Bitch Media Writing Fellowship even if you don’t have any clips or prior publications).
- Three (3) relevant writing samples.
- Short answer questions to help Bitch get to know you.
Apply Before: 30th June, 2020.
Share This Post On: