Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is now accepting applications for its 2018/2019 Arts for Good Fellowship. Deadline for submission of application is July 16, 2018.
The fellowship brings together cross-sector professionals such as artists, art administrators and programmers from the social sector on a three-step programme comprising webinars and two exchange programmes. Upon completion, fellows join a global alumni where they continue to connect, support and collaborate with one another.
Objectives of Arts for Good Fellowship.
Through the Arts for Good Fellowship, participants will
- Build capacity and learn key skills and knowledge to run an effective Arts for Good initiative
- Connect with professionals from a international ecosystem that are keen in harnessing the arts for social change
Arts for Good Fellowship Programme.
The fellowship comprises webinars and exchange programmes.
Online webinars and Facebook group
The webinars and Facebook group aim to provide participants with an online platform to connect, interact, and keep updated on relevant information throughout the duration of the fellowship.
Two overseas exchange programmes
The exchange programmes aim to provide an opportunity for fellows to convene and gain insights into the interdisciplinary nature and demands of an impactful Arts for Good project in a specific city. Through peer learning, site visits, experiential workshops and networking sessions, fellows will be able to connect with different stakeholders, expand their capacities and gain new perspectives.
Each exchange programme will take place across a four-day period in two global cities, including Singapore where the fellowship is based.
Arts for Good Fellowship Eligibility.
Join them if your work involves harnessing the power of the arts and culture for social impact, and you meet the following criteria:
- Are an arts and culture practitioner, creative professional, art administrator or programmer from the social and education sector
- Have a minimum of two years’ professional or voluntary practice, and demonstrate commitment to lead and effect change through your work
- Have prior experience working with a community through the arts, demonstrating a strong interest in arts-based projects aimed at creating social impact
- Able to attend all segments of the programme
- Are conversant and able to communicate in English
- Of any age or nationality
Arts for Good Fellowship Evaluation Criteria.
They value the benefit of peer learning and look for the following characteristics in the applications to ensure the most conducive learning environment for our fellows.
- Sustained contribution and vision in harnessing the arts for social impact
- Potential to contribute back to the community and lead other arts for good practitioners his/her community
- An artistic practice or professional career that gives evidence of excellence and merit
Arts for Good Fellowship Funding.
The SIF will be partially supporting the expenses for fellows during the two exchange programmes to Singapore and Chennai, India. Please see the table below for the expenses supported:
All the following reflected within the fellowship during the two exchange programmes will be fully supported by SIF:
- Local-on-the ground transportation
Depending on which region of the world you are travelling from, partial support will be provided for the following travel-related expenses on a reimbursement basis, at the end of the respective exchange programme:
- Flights/ train/ bus tickets to and from your country/ city of residence
- Travel insurance
- Visa application
- Airport transfer
Refer to the list below to find out how much support is available to you.
- For Singapore/ India, you will be reimbursed up to S$250, or fifty percent (50%), whichever value is lower
- For ASEAN (excluding Singapore), you will be reimbursed up to S$500, or fifty percent (50%), whichever value is lower
- For Rest of the world, you will be reimbursed up to S$800, or fifty percent (50%), whichever value is lower
How to Apply for Arts for Good Fellowship.
Apply for the fellowship through the link below:
The form will take about 20 – 25 minutes to complete. Do set aside some time to complete the form in one sitting. Applications will close on 16 July 2018 (18:00 GMT +8). Late applications will not be considered.
All information provided in the form will be treated in strict confidence as per SIF’s Data Protection Policy. Should you have any questions, do get in touch with us at email@example.com.