Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is now accepting applications from young talents for its 2020 Scholarship programme. The deadline for submission of applications for the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) Scholarship is 31st March, 2020.
The ANSO Scholarship provides young students/scholars who are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue postgraduate education at the colleges or schools of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of CAS around China.
It consists of 2 programs: the Master program and the PhD program. Every year, up to 200 master students and 300 PhD students from all over the world will be sponsored to study in CAS.
Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) was initiated and established by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and other 36 scientific institutes as well as international organizations worldwide. ANSO was founded to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication. According to the ANSO Strategic Plan, the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents is launched for the training and cultivation of young scientists from all over the world.
ANSO Scholarship Eligibility.
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Provide proof of proficiency of English or Chinese language;
- For Master program applicants: be maximum age of 30 years on 31 December 2020;
- For PhD program applicants: be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2020;
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
ANSO Scholarship Benefits.
- Awardees will receive a monthly stipend from CAS through USTC/UCAS. Specifically, master awardees will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 3000, while PhD awardees will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 6000 or RMB 7000 depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS for all doctoral candidates after admission.
- All the awardees will also be provided with health insurance as well as tuition and application fee waivers.
- A certain amount of travel subsidy from their home countries to China will be provided to the awardees in order to begin the scholarship in China (one trip only per person). Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
How to Apply for ANSO Scholarship.
- Click here for the ANSO Scholarship online application system. Please create your own account, and fill in the basic information. The system will lead you to the admission application system of USTC/UCAS.
- Prepare the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed);
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
- Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held
- For master program applicants: Bachelor’s degree certificate. Applicants having just completed or about to complete their Bachelor degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating their expected graduation date;
- For PhD program applicants: both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates; Applicants having just completed or about to complete their degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- Original copy of transcripts of
- For Master program applicants: undergraduate education;
- For PhD program applicants: both undergraduate and post-graduate education.
- TWO reference letters: You must ask two referees (NOT the host supervisor) from academia familiar with you and your work to upload their scanned reference letters (written in English or Chinese, signed, dated and on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address) to the online admission system of USTC/UCAS. Reference letters in the body of e-mails will NOT be accepted!
- Detailed research proposal;
- Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers (if available);
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Visit the USTC online admission system or UCAS online admission system. Follow its instructions and upload all the above-mentioned supporting documentation.
Share This Post On: