Anant University is now accepting applications from students and practitioners from all professional and educational backgrounds for its 2019/2020 Fellowship Programme. See the requirements, benefits and how to apply for Anant University Fellowship Programme below.
The fellowship is a one year, full-time post-graduate diploma programme in built environment designed as a multi-disciplinary immersion to introduce young practitioners and students to new ideas, knowledge and skills to question, evaluate, invent and redefine the built environment. The Anant Fellowship is the flagship programme of Anant National University, India’s first Design University.
Anant University Fellowship Programme.
Anant Fellowship has been carefully curated and structured to prepare you to make exponential change – within yourself, to the country, and to the world. Academic rigour and intensity have been combined with first-hand, experiential discovery to create an equitable balance between theory and praxis, between instruction and experimentation, and between paced-learning and open-ended discovery.
- Academic Instruction: The first component of Anant Fellowship is designed to broaden your perspective and aid empathetic solutions by providing you the opportunity of learning from pioneering ideas and thoughts in two thematic clusters: Domain and Technical, and Societal and Cultural.
- Experiential Discovery: In the second component of Anant Fellowship, you will learn from your own and your peers’ first-hand experiences, and from your own values, beliefs, mindsets, and constructs.
- Live-Action Project: The third and the most important component of the Fellowship is the Live Action Project where you work in teams throughout the duration of one year to solve a real-life challenge in close association with local administrative bodies and community stakeholders.
Anant University Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
- Open to students and practitioners from all professional and educational backgrounds with a preference to those from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental science, and engineering, civil and construction engineering, IT, social sciences and humanities.
- Applicants must have a sound academic record, and should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the Built Environment, and an understanding of the issues pertaining to the area.
- Anant Fellowship is committed to diversity; they invite applications from students and professionals of all age-groups, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographies both in India and internationally.
Anant University Fellowship Programme Benefits.
As an Anant Fellows, you expect to:
- Enhance your technical and core skills in architecture, design and planning
- Be trained to think broadly and deeply across topics like Green Urbanism, Earth Based Construction Techniques, Transportation, Anthropology, Sociology, and Economics, among others
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself and others, and develop imaginative empathy
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals from diverse disciplines and take up a Built Environment challenge with an opportunity for real-life impact
- Become purpose-driven leaders who contribute to the larger society by creating unique Built Environment solutions
- They are offering 80% scholarships covering cost of Tuition, Boarding, and Lodging to all accepted candidates. Limited 100% scholarships are available for those with combined annual family income of less than INR 8 lacs. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to increase their chances of getting scholarship assistance.
How to Apply for Anant University Fellowship Programme.
THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED TO IDENTIFY CANDIDATES WITH A STRONG RELENTLESS COMMITMENT TO MAKE A CHANGE TO THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT:
- Online Application consists of Resume, Work Sample and Statement of Purpose (Three Questions)
- Telephonic Interview
- Personal Interview