Applications are invited from young African entrepreneurs operating in one of the following countries: Algeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, or Tunisia for the Class 7 of the AliBaba eFounders Fellowship. The deadline for submission of applications is June 9, 2019.
The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to ecommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030. The program will be held at Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China from August 18-28, 2019.
AliBaba eFounders Fellowship Eligibility.
- You must be a founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years
- Your venture must be headquartered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Algeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, or Tunisia
- You must provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred)
- You must provide your official business license when requested during the application process
- Entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the ‘new economy’
- Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit
- Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision and drive
- Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
AliBaba eFounders Fellowship Benefits.
Participants will learn
- The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success
- The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development)
- An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem
The following are covered cost:
- Hotel accommodation (shared room)
- Small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day
- Field trip and site visit transportation costs
The following cost are not covered (costs you must personally cover):
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China
- Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room you will be required to cover the full cost yourself)
- Additional food or personal expenses
How to Apply for AliBaba eFounders Fellowship.
Applications for Class 7 are NOW OPEN. For this program, your venture must be located or primarily operate in Algeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, or Tunisia.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
The deadline for applications is June 9th 2019.
Share This Post On: