Harvard Business School (HBS) Africa Business Club is now accepting entries for its 2019 New Venture Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the Africa Business Club New Venture Competition is 30th November, 2018.
As part of the 21st Africa Business Conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the competition. The New Venture Competition aims to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.
The Africa Business Club New Venture Competition is about assessing the commercial merit and potential viability of each proposed new venture. Teams that have a proven technology or even attracted “beta” customers may raise their chances of success, but early stage ideas that have been thought through/tested will be considered based on their standalone potential and the team’s ability to execute.
HBS Africa Business Club New Venture Competition Eligibility.
Open to all African entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping Africa’s future. Entrepreneurs who offer unique and homegrown solutions to local problems and who meet the following eligibility criteria are highly encouraged to apply:
- Early Stage Startups (for profit or not-for-profit);
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa;
- Less than 50 employees;
- Less than 5 years of operations;
- Raised less $250,000 in funding to date.
HBS Africa Business Club New Venture Competition Prizes.
- 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of approximately 700 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up will be awarded cash prizes of $10,000 and $5,000 respectively;
- The top 20 shortlisted ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair to network and and interact with distinguished panelists and conference attendees.
How to Enter HBS Africa Business Club New Venture Competition.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should download the application form, enter their company’s details, and save the completed form. Upon completion, send the application form to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: 30th November, 2018.