9mobile is now accepting entries for its 2018 Photography Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the 9mobile Photography Competition is 31st October, 2018.
What drives you to get up in the morning and chase your dreams? Why are you working until 10pm on a weekend? Why are you at home working when you could be out with friends hanging out or partying? Capture these moments let’s visualize your grind. Enter for the #9mobilePhotoCompetition 2018 here.
As nurturers of talent, the 9mobile photography competition was developed as a platform to engage and empower budding photographers using the power of digital media; online, social and mobile. Each year, a theme is created and submissions are received within a specified period. From the pool of entries received, the images will be approved by internal reviewers based on the entry criteria and passed on to the Judging panel for review to come up with a list of top 100 images and then opened to the public for voting to come up with the voters choice.
The judges will also select the top 3 images from the top 100. The image with the highest number of votes emerges as the winner for voter’s choice. And the judges come up with the shortlist and winner for the competition. Winners from the judges and public voting are rewarded with prizes. Images of the finalists are showcased during a winner’s announcement.
9mobile Photography Competition Theme.
This year’s theme is tagged My Grind, My Hustle.
Photography has become part of our culture when it comes to creating lasting memories, and with the technological advancements, the art of capturing photos keep changing and growing. A lot of creativity has gone into the art of contemporary photography in Nigeria.
The theme seeks to celebrate and recognize individuals that work daily to make ends meet. Those who appreciate the importance of hard work and the need to be successful in life. Participants are expected to capture images of their daily hustle depicting what they do in a creative and fun way.
Charge the shutter, adjust the lens to unmask your daily grind. Through this theme, we hope to visualize and unfold the act of photography in the daily hustle of Nigerians.
Excited? Submit your picture as we search for the most creative pictures depicting the theme.
9mobile Photography Competition Categories.
My Hustle, My Grind: What drives you to get up in the morning and chase your dreams? Why are you working until 10pm on a weekend? Why are you at home working when you could be out with friends hanging out or partying? Capture these moments let’s visualize your grind.
9mobile Photography Competition Prizes.
- grand prize — canon camera + airtime
- 1st runner up — Samsung + airtime
- 2nd runner up — Samsung phone + airtime
9mobile Photography Competition Jury.
The judging panel is comprised of selected members from the photography community as well as other creative individuals.
The approved images based on the entry criteria will be reviewed by the jury to produce a longlist of 100 and shortlist of the top 3 images. The top 3 finalists will be unveiled and awarded prizes by the jury at a Winner Announcement event.
9mobile Photography Competition Calendar.
the judging panel is comprised of selected members from the photography community as well as other creative individuals.
|submissions||September 17th – October 31st|
|Voting Opens for Voters Choice (Top 100)||November 5th – November 19th|
|Voters Choice Winner Announced||November 22nd|
|Shortlist – Top 3||November 27th|
|Winner Announcement||December 6th|
How to Enter 9mobile Photography Competition.
Rules of Entry (Please Read these rules before uploading your pictures)
- Images uploaded should depict the theme
- Images uploaded must have accurate captions and titles written in English
- Participants must be the author of the picture submitted
- Participants are allowed to upload a maximum of three images (Portrait or Landscape)
- Images must be a jpeg file. Editing/cropping via various photo editing programs/applications are acceptable.
- Images must not contain inappropriate subject matter.
- Images not submitted in the above mentioned manner will be disqualified from the competition.
- 9mobile retains exclusive usage rights of images submitted to this competition
- Artistic creativity is highly desired
- Only images uploaded and submitted via the website will be accepted
- Images of the Winner and runners up can be used for publicity and promotional purposes
- The conditions set out in the Entry rules are binding and 9mobile reserves the right to refuse or exclude any image at its own discretion
- Participants must ensure that the images submitted is their own work as 9mobile will not be held liable for any copyright or misuse of image issue.
- Participants are not allowed to have multiple usernames as this will lead to a disqualification.